- The state of not being used: the machines fell into disuse with the advent of computersMore example sentences
- Most of the money is being used for refurbishing properties which have fallen into disrepair and disuse.
- However, the ancient Egyptians, who made good bread themselves, did not abandon barley; and it did not fall into general disuse.
- This was all in high school, and years of disuse and neglect have made my Spanish skills rustier than a Gary, Indiana steel mill.
fall into disuse
- Cease to be used: the old tracks fell into disuse and neglectMore example sentences
- Between 1910 and 1920 or so, it fell into disuse and the gardens were basically abandoned.
- There are alternative routes but most have fallen into disuse and you need superior navigation skills and stamina to attempt them.
- Over the past decade, large tracts of land like this, which farmers used to lease from the tribe, have fallen into disuse.