The state of not being used: the machines fell into disuse with the advent of computers
More example sentences
- Most of the money is being used for refurbishing properties which have fallen into disrepair and disuse.
- However, the ancient Egyptians, who made good bread themselves, did not abandon barley; and it did not fall into general disuse.
- This was all in high school, and years of disuse and neglect have made my Spanish skills rustier than a Gary, Indiana steel mill.
fall into disuse
- Cease to be used: the old tracks fell into disuse and neglectMore example sentences
- Between 1910 and 1920 or so, it fell into disuse and the gardens were basically abandoned.
- There are alternative routes but most have fallen into disuse and you need superior navigation skills and stamina to attempt them.
- Over the past decade, large tracts of land like this, which farmers used to lease from the tribe, have fallen into disuse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.