Showing a great deal of variety; very different: a culturally diverse population subjects as diverse as architecture, language teaching, and the physical sciences
More example sentences
- Three sample areas are given to the above right, each of which is most diverse in a different way.
- The country is ethnically diverse, indicated by its four language groups.
- An increasing number of students are from racially/ethnically diverse backgrounds.
Middle English: variant of divers.
- More example sentences
- I've written quite diversely on anything that I'm interested in - and I'm interested in quite a lot of things.
- It was not just an unimpeded sound, but a diversely focused one.
- Its countryside is rated by some as being some of the most diversely scenic in the United Kingdom, yet do we care?