- A road with a median strip between the traffic in opposite directions and typically two or more lanes in each direction.More example sentences
- Tonight, I came upon one intersection where a two-lane street crosses a four-lane divided highway with left-turn lanes on both sides.
- All sections were on divided highways with one-way width ranging from 3.75 m to 14.0 m.
- All the sections selected were six-lane divided highways.
More definitions of divided highwayDefinition of divided highway in:
- The British & World English dictionary