- 1The boundary between two areas: the dividing line between eastern and western zonesMore example sentences
- The couple's first piece of furniture, a primitive farm table, is the dividing line between the kitchen and sitting area.
- It was so undesirable that residents of the tony Back Bay area built a fence along the dividing line between the two neighborhoods.
- For millenniums, the frontier between these two countries has been the dividing line between contending empires - and so it is again.
- 1.1A distinction or set of distinctions marking the difference between two related things: the dividing line between drama and realityMore example sentences
- Views will differ as to where the dividing line should be drawn.
- The imposition of order necessarily creates boundaries and dividing lines - the very places where the most interesting discussions occur.
- The old line, the heretofore uncompromising line, the dividing line between matter and spirit has suddenly blurred.
More definitions of dividing lineDefinition of dividing line in:
- The British & World English dictionary