- An open-bottomed chamber supplied with compressed air, in which a person can be let down under water.More example sentences
- When Squalus sank off Portsmouth, New Hampshire, the Navy had just placed into service a diving bell for submarine rescue.
- Like a man in a diving bell whose air supply has been cut off, my mind leapt between bouts of panic and thoughts of suffocation.
- A connection point for a diving bell or Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle allows collective rescue operations.
More definitions of diving bellDefinition of diving bell in:
- The British & World English dictionary