- The assignment of different parts of a manufacturing process or task to different people in order to improve efficiency.More example sentences
- The division of labor will allow for efficient innovation of new products once the basic needs of the local economy are met.
- Smith famously used a pin factory to explain how specialised tasks under a division of labour massively increase productivity.
- The scope for the division of labour and mutually profitable exchange steadily widened.
More definitions of division of laborDefinition of division of labor in:
- The British & World English dictionary