- 1A number by which another number is to be divided.More example sentences
- After graduating in 1939 he began to work for his doctorate on the problem of divisors of almost periodic polynomials.
- Its proper divisors are 1, 2, 4, 7, and 14, and the sum of those divisors is 28.
- A pair of amicable numbers is a pair like 220 and 284 such that the proper divisors of one number sum to the other and vice versa.
- 1.1A number that divides into another without a remainder: the greatest common divisorMore example sentences
- All positive integers n have at least one prime divisor: if n is prime, then it is its own prime divisor.
- Prime numbers are integers with no divisors other than 1 and themselves.
late Middle English: from French diviseur or Latin divisor, from dividere (see divide).
More definitions of divisorDefinition of divisor in:
- The British & World English dictionary