(also dizygous /dīˈzīgəs/)
- (Of twins) derived from two separate ova, and so not identical.More example sentences
- Twin studies have shown that the incidence of asthma is significantly higher in monozygotic twins than dizygotic twins 27-29.
- The concordance rate of obsessive-compulsive disorder is also higher for monozygotic twins than it is for dizygotic twins which suggest that there is a genetic component to this disease.
- However, these studies may have overestimated the effect of genetics if monozygotic twins share exposure to more environmental effects than dizygotic twins do.
More definitions of dizygoticDefinition of dizygotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary