Fight; engage in conflict: do battle with the forces of evil
More example sentences
- The Texans defense sparkled last night in Denver as the first teams did battle into three quarters.
- So armed with a fly swatter and a can of Raid, Christopher did battle upstairs and Dawn did battle downstairs.
- Both races hatred for the Romans was clear and they charged into the oncoming enemy and did battle amongst the trees.
Enter into a conflict.
- On the day of the storm, linemen and other employees put in a regular eight-hour workday, then prepared to do battle.
- It was inevitable that the two opposing armies would do battle, but how could they fight each other while a more pressing engagement was afoot?
- Religion has to accommodate science and not do battle against it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.