Definition of do-it-yourself in English:
(Of work, especially building, painting, or decorating) done or to be done by an amateur at home: easy-to-use materials and do-it-yourself kits for plumbing fittings
More example sentences
- Over the past 15 years do-it-yourself projects as a share of overall spending have declined, according to the report.
- At the other end of the market are drive-in, do-it-yourself shops, which tend to be run-down and ill-lit.
- Women say they enjoy do-it-yourself projects for a variety of reasons.
- Example sentences
- Even for a novice do-it-yourselfer, installing a mortarless flagstone path is a practically foolproof project.
- Add to family convenience and fun while increasing the resale value of your home with these attractive and practical brick ideas for the do-it-yourselfer.
- The installation procedure is about the same as for tile and is well within a do-it-yourselfer's capability.
Definition of do-it-yourself in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan