(Of work, especially building, painting, or decorating) done or to be done by an amateur at home: easy-to-use materials and do-it-yourself kits for plumbing fittings
More example sentences
- Over the past 15 years do-it-yourself projects as a share of overall spending have declined, according to the report.
- At the other end of the market are drive-in, do-it-yourself shops, which tend to be run-down and ill-lit.
- Women say they enjoy do-it-yourself projects for a variety of reasons.
- Example sentences
- Even for a novice do-it-yourselfer, installing a mortarless flagstone path is a practically foolproof project.
- Add to family convenience and fun while increasing the resale value of your home with these attractive and practical brick ideas for the do-it-yourselfer.
- The installation procedure is about the same as for tile and is well within a do-it-yourselfer's capability.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of do-it-yourself in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.