Definition of do-nothing in English:
A person who is idle or lacks ambition.
- His former reluctance to pursue a military solution gave him street cred with the world's do-nothings.
- Consider the $900 million lawns category: almost 30% of homeowners are do-nothings!
- On my own desktop, I run weather applications, clocks, graphical do-nothings, power monitors, moon, sun and space weather monitors - all these in addition to classic system resource monitors.
adjectiveBack to top
Idle or lacking ambition.
- We know that he's been a do-nothing Senator eaten up with ambition for higher office since day one of his term.
- Harassing everyone evenly so that you can harass individuals without complaint wastes security resources, and it provides political cover for do-nothing bureaucrats to give the appearance of doing something.
- She cuckolded her do-nothing spouse in front of his face and with long, tedious rationalizations with which she forced him to agree.
Definition of do-nothing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan