noun (plural dobros)• trademark
- A type of acoustic guitar with steel resonating disks inside the body under the bridge.More example sentences
- Baxter is probably best known as the ace pedal steel, banjo, dobro, guitar, all-'round musical utility guy for many musicians.
- Fiddles, dobros, and crying steel guitars abound, doing a superb job of complementing Bentley's strong, deep voice and good lyrics.
- We had the autoharp and the dobro come in at the same time, and they are kind of rear-ish in the mix.
1950s: from Do(pěra) Bro(thers), the Czech-American inventors of the instrument.
More definitions of dobroDefinition of dobro in:
- The British & World English dictionary