- 1North American A calendar or list of cases for trial or people having cases pending.More example sentences
- With no judge in sight, prosecutors started summoning each person on the docket to a desk at the front of the room for a brief conference.
- The so-called enemy combatants have the next best thing to due process: a hearing on the docket in the Supreme Court of the United States.
- He won, and made good by pushing the Legislature to put the issue on the docket in February.
- 1.1An agenda or list of things to be done.More example sentences
- Interleague action against the N.L. East is on the docket, with tough series against the Phillies and Braves.
- Normally, rescue is first on the docket for Navy teams.
- The psychology of all these issues is on the docket.
- 2A document or label listing the contents of a package or delivery.More example sentences
file, dossier, folder
- The health department is working with the British supermarket chain to introduce shopping dockets that contain the fat content and calorie information of the products being purchased.
- So why did he take it upon himself to destroy those documents when other types of patient records from that period were left intact and similar dispatch dockets in other blood banks were not destroyed?
- Warehouse dockets are a good example - the impact of the dot matrix daisywheel will go through layers of paper to make additional copies.
verb (dockets, docketing, docketed)[with object] Back to top
- 1North American Enter (a case or suit) onto a list of those due to be heard: the case will go to the Supreme Court, and may be docketed for the fall termMore example sentences
- His case was docketed for sentencing on March 27, 2002.
- When a question is certified, the Clerk will notify the parties and docket the case.
- The case is now docketed, and the court can in theory accept the certificate and give an answer very soon.
late 15th century: perhaps from dock2. The word originally denoted a short summary or abstract; hence, in the early 18th century, 'a document giving particulars of a consignment'.