Concerned with a doctrine or doctrines: doctrinal disputes
More example sentences
- ‘It is not for a secular newspaper to comment on the doctrinal disputes of any religious faith’.
- This is not simply a doctrinal dispute over what name God is to be called, it is a dispute of who God actually is.
- The errors needed correcting, and besides, this was no time for doctrinal disputes!
late Middle English: from late Latin doctrinalis, from doctrina 'teaching, learning' (see doctrine).
- More example sentences
- That is where a different way of thinking, less doctrinally liberal, less fundamentalist and more pluralist, is required.
- His work has advanced the church on a course that was institutionally and doctrinally unimaginable even forty years ago.
- Still, various groups differ in their understanding of what specific texts have been explicitly or doctrinally judged as constituting Scripture.