- 1A photographer specializing in producing a factual record.More example sentences
- The nature of the event will make it possible for ordinary citizens to act as documentarians, spot-news photographers, and paparazzi.
- The catalogue refers to the photographers as documentarists (an older word might be photojournalists).
- Made by the veteran photographer and documentarian, the series will recollect Taiwanese society over eight episodes.
- 1.1A director or producer of documentaries.More example sentences
- If only the policy makers could extend that view to documentarians and others who film the world and include in their film the physical fact of other videos being displayed in the world.
- Do you think film-makers, apart from documentarians, have responded on a political level as strongly as they could?
- The worst case of the visible documentarian is where the filmmaker keeps popping up when the film is supposed to be about something else.
- 2An expert analyst of historical documents.More example sentences
- In his three-year quest to recover the lost Jewish gravestones of Shanghai, he has worn many hats: archaeologist, documentarian, detective, historian.
- Less than 5 percent of the Smithsonian's vast collection is on display at any given time, but its artifacts are loaned out to other museums and used by researchers, illustrators, educators, and documentarians.
More definitions of documentarianDefinition of documentarian in:
- The British & World English dictionary