A plane figure with twelve sides.
More example sentences
- Dissections can get quite elaborate: A seven-pointed star becomes two heptagons; a dodecagon turns into three identical squares; and so on.
- If you have a 40 yard loop with a post every yard, it doesn't matter whether it's a circle, a square, or a dodecagon.
- How many triangles does it take to make a dodecagon?
late 17th century: from Greek dōdekagōnon, neuter (used as a noun) of dōdekagōnos 'twelve-angled'.
- More example sentences
- There are two imposing gatehouses and a central dodecagonal hall, with wings A to F radiating off from it.
- It is the power which is surrounded by a dodecagonal pyramid or dodecahedron—a hint which should persuade astrologers to reconsider their "signs of the zodiac."
Definition of dodecagon in:
- The British & World English dictionary