- A burrowing bivalve mollusk that has a highly convex, almost spherical, shell.
More example sentences
- Family Glycimeridae: many species, including the European Glycymeris glycymeris
- Note the brown colour of the dog cockles, indicating that the sand is polluted by mud.
- Coarse gravels and sands are home to sea-cucumbers and dog cockles, largely buried for protection, and tough sea-mats, able to withstand the scouring of water-borne sand.
- Further north in the lough the waters slow and coarse submarine sand dunes are inhabited by a type of sea-cucumber and dog cockles.
More definitions of dog cockleDefinition of dog cockle in:
- The British & World English dictionary