Definition of dog whelk in English:
A predatory marine mollusk that typically occurs on the shore or in shallow waters.
- Family Nassaridae, class Gastropoda: Nucella and other genera
- Lermond distributed mementoes which featured a picture of the dog whelk.
- The scientist looked at imposex in the dog whelk, a common snail along the coast of New South Wales.
- Perforated cowrie shell beads and a boar's tusk - both interpreted as items of jewellery - were found at Sand with lumps of ochre and a type of dog whelk which produces a purple dye.
Definition of dog whelk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.