nounUS • informal , • dated
- A US soldier, especially an infantryman.More example sentences
- The artist/soldier's cast of characters was small: two ‘dogfaces,’ unshaven, battle-weary men known only as Willie and Joe, uttered the terse remarks that served as punch lines for the Best Generation.
- From the frozen guns of American dogfaces in the Korean conflict, to the jammed M16s that became a national scandal in the early days of the war in Vietnam, weapons systems failing in combat have been a well-documented horror story.
- The film's heroes, Willie and Joe, were dogfaces.
More definitions of dogfaceDefinition of dogface in:
- The British & World English dictionary