1Of or like a dog: his doggy brown eyes
More example sentences
- The previous owners obviously had a dog as it left it's indelible smell on the living room carpet (I'm talking about that wet doggy type smell you understand).
- One in four respondents wanted to rid doggy smells from their car.
- At the Spring Fair, there will be many attractions, (besides the dogs,) including stalls selling doggy objects, bric-a-brac, cakes, plus face painting, tombola and raffles.
noun(also doggie) (plural doggies)
A child’s word for a dog.
- They don't bark or threaten anyone who comes close to the truck, unless that person is stupid enough to put their arm inside the truck ‘to pet the doggies.’
- In the window of the store, I saw the doggie in the window.
- But first, let's run that clip of the cute seven year old who called 911 when her doggie fell in the pool.
- Example sentences
- The actor is the essence of dogginess from the optimistic expectancy in his eyes to the bounce in his cavortings.
- Proverbially wily, coyotes are also a little demonic, and their dogginess only adds to the sense of lurking menace.
- It would be like trying to explain what a dog is by saying it is a creature that has dogginess.
Words that rhyme with doggyboggy, cloggy, foggy, froggy, groggy, moggie, smoggy, soggy
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of doggy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.