Definition of dogsbody in English:
noun (plural dogsbodies)informal, chiefly British
A person who is given boring, menial tasks to do: I got myself a job as typist and general dogsbody on a small magazine
More example sentences
- Barry, are you the office dogsbody who ends up doing the rubbish jobs the other hacks can't be bothered with?
- His only employment for the whole of his life was as a menial dogsbody in various Catholic Hospitals.
- I worked for nothing, was the office dogsbody, but I learned a lot, explained Rory.
- Example sentences
- It is definitely not general dogsbodying.
- We're waiting to hear if the conference organizers are going to offer us free or reduced registration in exchange for dogsbodying.
- We have the most wonderful bunch of people who clean, who supervise in lunch hours, and who provide support with transport, and general dogsbodying.
Words that rhyme with dogsbodyhomebody
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.