(also dog sled)
A sled designed to be pulled by dogs.
- When Buck wins sixteen hundred dollars for his beloved friend after pulling the dog sled laden with one thousand pounds of flour, the pace of life changes.
- Frederik is quite the athletic, adventurous soul - in 2000, he explored Greenland on a dog sled.
- One year a woman had to be sent to the hospital after an accident with a dog sled.
verb[no object] (usually as noun dogsledding)
Travel by dogsled: winter activities include cross-country skiing and dogsledding
More example sentences
- Options include mountain biking, kayaking, dogsledding, hiking, and horseback riding, which may be packaged with helicopter flightseeing.
- In spring, when there is round-the-clock light and it's difficult to sleep, the Inuit I was dogsledding with would ask me to read passages aloud, even though they couldn't understand my English version.
- They started the Ivakkak, which means ‘running at a comfortable speed’ in Inuttitut, to promote Inuit Husky dogs and revive the Inuit tradition of dogsledding.’
Definition of dogsled in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.