- An Old World fodder grass with spiky flower heads.
More example sentences
- Genus Cynosurus, family Gramineae: several species, in particular crested dogstail (C. cristatus), a common pasture grass
- Three varieties of crested dogstail are agronomically recommendable: Ro novská, Tercie and Cristal.
- The day paddocks pasture was six years old and consisted of white clover, cocksfoot, dogstail, ryegrass, and cowgrass, it having had 7 ½ cwt. superphosphate in three years.
- The herbage consisted of bent grasses, crested dogstail, Yorkshire fog, Juncus spp., sedges and other species typical of poor pasture on acid soils.
More definitions of dogstailDefinition of dogstail in:
- The British & World English dictionary