Definition of dogtrot in English:
2A breezeway connecting two cabins.
- The dog-trot and the house's linear form allow for natural ventilation, while additional indoor/outdoor spaces expand the house's 2010 square feet to maximize year-round enjoyment of the high-Piedmont climate.
- From the auto court, that sequence begins with passage through a narrow dogtrot bookended by two single-car garages that resemble stylized machine sheds.
verb[no object] Back to top
Move at a dogtrot.
- She came to a path that slowly climbed out of the gully and dog-trotted along it until she came to a sharp drop and another steep cliff, where the path disappeared.
- Helmeted troops with semi-automatic rifles dog-trotted into the tunnel as others secured the entrance.
- Reefered sailors dog-trotted up and down the long iron decks, flapped their cold arms against their bodies and dared not pull off their mittens to blow their noses.
Definition of dogtrot in:
- British & World English dictionary