Definition of dogtrot in English:
2A breezeway connecting two cabins.
- The dog-trot and the house's linear form allow for natural ventilation, while additional indoor/outdoor spaces expand the house's 2010 square feet to maximize year-round enjoyment of the high-Piedmont climate.
- From the auto court, that sequence begins with passage through a narrow dogtrot bookended by two single-car garages that resemble stylized machine sheds.
verb[no object] Back to top
Move at a dogtrot.
- She came to a path that slowly climbed out of the gully and dog-trotted along it until she came to a sharp drop and another steep cliff, where the path disappeared.
- Helmeted troops with semi-automatic rifles dog-trotted into the tunnel as others secured the entrance.
- Reefered sailors dog-trotted up and down the long iron decks, flapped their cold arms against their bodies and dared not pull off their mittens to blow their noses.
Words that rhyme with dogtrotjogtrot
Definition of dogtrot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia