Definition of dolichocephalic in English:
Having a relatively long skull (typically with the breadth less than 80 [or 75] percent of the length). Often contrasted with brachycephalic.
- The Athenian leader was a bit of a slaphead with a dolichocephalic skull; but instead of going around enduring the jeers of the ancient tabloid media, he had a very cool solution.
- As late as the 1930s, adherents strove to transform unsightly round heads into long, dolichocephalic ones.
- Also evident was postorbital constriction, plus the dolichocephalic (long and narrow) nature of the brain case.
- Example sentences
- Sagittal craniosynostosis (dolichocephaly, scaphocephaly) accounts for 56% of cases and has an elongated cranial vault.
- In single gene dolichocephaly only the posterior end of the sagittal suture line is prematurely narrowed.
- Case 1 had trigonocephaly and up-slanting palpebral fissures, while case 2 had attention deficit, dolichocephaly and long face.
Definition of dolichocephalic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India