A person who shares a residence with a sexual partner, especially without a legally recognized union.
More example sentences
- That's silly, and it trivializes the very real and widespread discrimination faced by gay and lesbian domestic partners in insurance, employment, housing, and inheritance.
- Several of the companies on our list expanded their nondiscrimination policies and began to provide the same benefits to the domestic partners of gay and lesbian employees that they do to straight spouses.
- Whether the words come from a husband, a domestic partner, a lover, a parent, a sibling, or a friend, they always wound.
- More example sentences
- ‘It's using language to deny the reality of domestic partnerships,’ I said angrily at a meeting of our Toronto section.
- Through their 58 years together, they mostly stood by as others fought for rights like civil unions or domestic partnerships.
- The wording of the amendment is also alleged to include verbiage which would make domestic partnerships and civil unions null and void as well.
Definition of domestic partner in:
- The British & World English dictionary