Definition of domineer in English:
verb[no object] (usually as adjective domineering)
Assert one’s will over another in an arrogant way: Cathy had been a martyr to her gruff, domineering husband
More example sentences
- He was commanding, domineering, sardonic and intimidating.
- My husband wasn't in the least bit domineering but he was a strong man so there was no need for me to worry about bill-paying or problems.
- The tiger again looked so powerful, so domineering, and so strong.
browbeat, bully, intimidate, push around/about, order about/around, lord it over;
dictate to, be overbearing, have under one's thumb, rule with a rod of iron
informal boss about/around, walk all over
- Example sentences
- I smiled domineeringly at him.
- Every single instrument fed through the sound desk takes its turn at being either domineeringly loud or practically inaudible.
- I clapped my hands domineeringly together as I hopped out of the booth.