- 1A person who receives a gift.More example sentences
- Complications arise if the donee innocently expends the stolen money in reliance on the validity of the gift before the donee receives notice of the victim's claim for restitution.
- The first €3,000 of the taxable value of a taxable gift taken by a donee from any one disponer in a calendar year is exempt from tax.
- Split-receipting may be available where a donor gives a gift to a charity or other qualified donee and receives something of value or some other benefit in return.
- 1.1 Law A person who is given a power of appointment.More example sentences
- I mean, it does seem to be harnessing the discretion to one, admittedly an important factor but only one factor, in terms of the powers given to the donee of statutory power.
- They may be donees of power, but does not first principles declare that the Minister can take into account in the exercise of discretion any matter that he or she wants to, unless the statute expressly or impliedly forbids it?
- The discretion must be for the purpose for which the donee of power, the repository of power receives the discretion.
More definitions of doneeDefinition of donee in:
- The British & World English dictionary