More definitions of DonegalDefinition of Donegal in:
- The British & World English dictionary
(also Donegal tweed)
- A tweed characterized by bright flecks randomly distributed on a background usually of light gray, originally woven in County Donegal, northwestern Ireland.More example sentences
- Men's classic suiting is coming out in patterns such as houndstooth, herringbone, glen plaid, tartan, pinstripes and Donegal tweed.
- Irish fashion designers have always had a soft spot for Donegal tweed.
- He was wearing a pair of dark grey trousers, a Donegal tweed jacket and a red, white and blue striped shirt.