Definition of dong quai in English:
An aromatic herb of the parsley family, native to China and Japan, the root of which is used to treat premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, menopausal symptoms, and other gynecological complaints.
- Angelica sinensis, family Umbelliferae
- This also is true of many herbal tablets, capsules and extracts, including black or blue cohosh, ephedra, dong quai, feverfew, juniper, pennyroyal, St. John's wort, rosemary and thuja.
- Herbal medications that may increase the risk of bleeding if used concurrently with ginkgo include the following: feverfew, garlic, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, and other natural coumarins.
- Do bust-enhancing supplements that contain herbs like black cohosh, dong quai, and saw palmetto work?
Definition of dong quai in:
- British & World English dictionary