- A small or auxiliary engine, especially on a ship.More example sentences
- Astern of the engine-room area is a short gap where the ship broke her back, then you reach the propshaft, suspended above the seabed by the remains of the donkey engine.
- Amidships on the upper deck was the dredging platform itself, flanked by zinc specimen boxes and with a small steam donkey engine to one side to pull up the dredge with its precious cargo of samples.
- I take a few photos and walk the long trail back to the gate by the firehouse, where a huge steam donkey engine is displayed.
More definitions of donkey engineDefinition of donkey engine in:
- The British & World English dictionary