Definition of dopamine in English:
A compound present in the body as a neurotransmitter and a precursor of other substances including epinephrine.
- Alternative name: 3,4-dihydroxyphenylethylamine; chemical formula: C8H11NO2
- These drugs all act in the brain to stimulate receptors that recognize the chemical messenger substance dopamine.
- Other brain chemicals besides serotonin, such as dopamine and noradrenaline, also play an important part in mood.
- The ability of the brain to absorb or produce chemicals such as dopamine or serotonin is what leads to the illness.
Definition of dopamine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.