- A compound present in the body as a neurotransmitter and a precursor of other substances including epinephrine.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: 3,4-dihydroxyphenylethylamine; chemical formula: C8H11NO2
- These drugs all act in the brain to stimulate receptors that recognize the chemical messenger substance dopamine.
- Other brain chemicals besides serotonin, such as dopamine and noradrenaline, also play an important part in mood.
- The ability of the brain to absorb or produce chemicals such as dopamine or serotonin is what leads to the illness.
More definitions of dopamineDefinition of dopamine in:
- The British & World English dictionary