- An apparition or double of a living person: he has a doppelgänger named Donald, his invented twin brotherMore example sentences
- As such, video game enemies in sibling-based stories are more likely to be doppelgängers, shadows or doubles of the player-characters.
- The history of doppelgängers and doubles, you see, is intimately bound up with human mortality and the origins of image making.
- Among other syndromes, they mentioned doppelgängers or subjective doubles.
mid 19th century: from German, literally 'double-goer'.
More definitions of doppelgängerDefinition of doppelgänger in:
- The British & World English dictionary