(also dormer window)
- A window that projects vertically from a sloping roof.More example sentences
- The bright master bedroom has a dormer window to the front and a second window to the side.
- With the passing of the Act, politicians promised that homeowners would no longer need to seek permission from the ‘superior’ to install a dormer window in their attic or to build a conservatory.
- Despite this it was mostly very original and intact when I got it, with a bedroom with a small dormer window in the attic space.
late 16th century (denoting the window of a dormitory or bedroom): from Old French dormeor 'dormitory', from dormir 'to sleep'.
More definitions of dormerDefinition of dormer in:
- The British & World English dictionary