noun (plural dorsa)Anatomy & Zoology
- The dorsal part of an organism or structure.More example sentences
- Toothbrushing lasted for approximately five minutes after each meal and included brushing the teeth, the dorsum of the tongue, and the palatal and mandibular mucosa.
- It is the only muscle on the dorsum of the foot.
- The anterior tibial may become plexiform on the dorsum of the foot, giving rise to the dorsal intermetatarsals.
late 18th century (denoting a long hill or ridge): from Latin, 'back'.
More definitions of dorsumDefinition of dorsum in:
- The British & World English dictionary