nounBritish • informal
- A cheap lodging house, especially for homeless people and tramps.More example sentences
- Cut through the politically correct hedging and you find that what the council really wants is an unregistered dosshouse for habitual and unrepentant drunks and dropouts who are likely to be violent and don't want to be helped.
- Built in 1883, it served a brief period as a dosshouse before its relaunch as part of this sophisticated hotel chain.
- The low-key manner is analytical, confiding, with a touch of the dosshouse philosopher engrossed in offbeat speculation.
More definitions of dosshouseDefinition of dosshouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary