- Rhythm in which the beat is unequally subdivided into a long dotted note and a short note.More example sentences
- The meter, complexity of rhythms created by dotted rhythms, triplets and irregular accents manifest the spirit of Korean peasant dance and music.
- In addition to quarters, eighths and sixteenth notes, triplets and dotted rhythms are used tastefully and add variety.
- Anthems written for the Chapel Royal at this time make much use of jaunty dotted rhythms in triple time, with accompaniments, ritornellos, and overtures for violins.
More definitions of dotted rhythmDefinition of dotted rhythm in:
- The British & World English dictionary