- An agent who pretends to act as a spy for one country or organization while in fact acting on behalf of an enemy.More example sentences
- It was when I challenged him about the double agent who remained his friend despite betraying his country and causing the deaths of many of their fellow spies.
- Is the tailor an agent, a double agent, an innocent or a fantasist?
- Much of what he sold involved US counterintelligence and electronic surveillance techniques, information on active double agents, and documents related to nuclear weapons technology.
More definitions of double agentDefinition of double agent in:
- The British & World English dictionary