Definition of double bogey in English:
A score of two strokes over par for a hole.
- But then came a bogey at the eighth, a double bogey two holes later and further bogeys at the 12th and 14th.
- Thus composed, I was able to scramble for a double bogey on the final hole, beating my opponent's triple.
- The USGA system requires you to post no more than a double bogey on any hole if your handicap is 9 or less.
verb(double-bogey) [with object] Back to top
Complete (a hole) in two strokes over par.
- Playing with him that day, I could see how nervous he was after he double-bogeyed the first hole and then tripled the second.
- The 29-year-old winner of last year's Challenge Tour returned to the tee, double-bogeyed the hole and, with a 69, dropped to joint seventh place.
- The English pair are seven under and six under par respectively after Little double-bogeyed the final hole.
Definition of double bogey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan