- A defensive play in which two players are put out.More example sentences
- Despite fastballs and double plays, major league baseball games are longer than they used to be.
- Players will spear hard grounders with backhanded-finesse, make over-the-shoulder catches or turn double plays by leaping over oncoming base runners.
- Umpires must keep their eyes on fielders who intentionally drop line drives to create double plays.
More definitions of double playDefinition of double play in:
- The British & World English dictionary