Definition of double-team in English:
(In ball games, especially basketball) block (an opponent) with two players.
- The one handed player is essentially double-teamed even when he has a single defender.
- Making those perimeter shots is the key at a time opponents are double-teaming McGrady on almost every possession and Yao on most possessions.
- A No.2 receiver is needed to stretch defenses and make opponents pay for double-teaming him.
nounBack to top
An act of double-teaming.
- He put the ball in Iverson's hands right after Sixers rebounds, and that prevented the Pacers from setting effective double-teams.
- The second is to encourage the man with the ball to put it on the floor, since a double-team is more effective once the ball handler has used his dribble.
- Getting into position hurriedly may prevent an effective double-team.
Definition of double-team in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan