- A downward current or draft of air, especially one down a chimney into a room.More example sentences
- Slow the airplane to reduce impact forces; also, you'll likely encounter wind shear and strong downdrafts.
- On any given afternoon, unstable breezes and moisture ratchet up cumulonimbus clouds in a whirlwind of updrafts and downdrafts that cause particles of rain, ice, and snow to collide.
- Normally, the air that's moving down, called a downdraft, shares the thunderstorm with the updraft.
More definitions of downdraftDefinition of downdraft in:
- The British & World English dictionary