- 1A loss of power, prosperity, or status: the crisis led to the downfall of the governmentMore example sentences
- The edge he plays with can lead to his downfall if he takes undisciplined penalties.
- It was this merger of Malchut and Mochiach that eventually led to the downfall of the empire.
- But there is one other sticky point that could very easily lead to his downfall.
- 1.1The cause of a downfall: his intractability will prove to be his downfallMore example sentences
- In the realm of the tragic hero there is always a fatal flaw in his personality that causes or precipitates his downfall.
- The combined forces of Harold and Tostig drove Gruffydd back into Wales, and in 1063 caused his downfall and death.
- It was widely rumored on Tuesday that his alleged wrongdoing and poor damage control would cause his downfall.