- A force acting on a moving vehicle having the effect of pressing it down toward the ground, giving it increased stability. Downforce is produced by a combination of air resistance and gravity.More example sentences
- The nose and flat bottom are designed for ground effect and there is positive downforce over the front axle.
- But then you still need a soft tyre because the corners are very slow and you don't have the downforce to keep the tyre on the ground.
- Grip levels are very high thanks to the sorted chassis and at higher speeds thanks to the downforce package.
More definitions of downforceDefinition of downforce in:
- The British & World English dictionary