Definition of downlight in English:
A light placed or designed so as to throw illumination downward.
- This type of lighting can be supplied by table or floor lamps, uplights, downlights, spotlights and hanging lights.
- At night, the building's silver aluminum soffit is lit with high-energy, high-efficiency uplights, and the lower-level walls are lit by wall-wash downlights recessed around the perimeter.
- Have one wall completely covered with a sheet of mirror (check the size first to make sure you can get it into the flat), then use ceiling recessed downlighters to cast light down the mirror.
- Example sentences
- The Kendal students offered a fixed bridge with a modern twist, including downlighting under the bridge, vandal-proof towpath bins and benches, and a decrease in gradient of Parkside Road.
- He takes me to the kitchen - expanses of terracotta tiles, downlighting, new designer units, and a resplendent cream four-oven Aga.
- Are they more the type you find hanging out around your polished granite benchtop with halogen downlighting perhaps?
Definition of downlight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan