- A telecommunications link for signals coming to the earth from a satellite, spacecraft, or aircraft.More example sentences
- The IRD is one type of receiver for modulated signals arriving on a satellite downlink.
- Founded in 1982, ERI develops and produces unique interference mitigation products to enhance the reception and use of Global Positioning System navigation and satellite downlinks by military and commercial customers.
- To determine a spacecraft's position in space, NASA generally uses a downlink, or radio signal from the spacecraft to a radio dish in the Deep Space Network of ground receivers.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Relay to the earth (a telecommunications signal or the information it conveys): any TV station can downlink just about any gameMore example sentences
- Reliably downlinking that amount of information will require a new approach, Mandl noted.
- They'd blown a fortune downlinking the relays to ground-level stations with omnidirectional antennae.
- In medium rate, all real-time science telemetry can be downlinked during station passes.
More definitions of downlinkDefinition of downlink in:
- The British & World English dictionary