- The downward deflection of an airstream by an aircraft wing or helicopter rotor blade.More example sentences
- In each case, the helicopter descended into rotor downwash and entered what is commonly called the vortex ring state.
- There is no propeller blade downwash, which reduces the probability of an accidental mine detonation.
- This account suggests that at low speed and high angle of attack wing downwash could have a blanking effect on airflow to the engine intakes (made worse by any yaw).
More definitions of downwashDefinition of downwash in:
- The British & World English dictionary