Definition of draft dodger in English:
nounNorth American derogatory
A person who has avoided compulsory military service.
- They are following in the footsteps of tens of thousands of military deserters and draft dodgers who went to Canada during the Vietnam War.
- There is only one group that likes the idea of conscription less than future draft dodgers: the military.
- You claim that Rush Limbaugh is a draft dodger who avoided Vietnam because he had a ‘pimple on his rear.’
- Example sentences
- Is there a reason that associates the National Guard with draft dodging?
- There were thousands of stories about his draft dodging.
- The peasantry carried the main burden of the draft, and many resisted through desertion, draft dodging, and even uprisings.
Definition of draft dodger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan