Definition of drag-and-drop in English:
Move (an icon or other image) to another part of the screen using a mouse or similar device, typically in order to perform some operation on a file or document.
- Most common file operations are performed using point-and-click and drag-and-drop, not with command-line utilities.
- This enables users to create Web-based libraries of DWG, DXF, and 3DMAX files, which can be previewed in a Web browser, then drag-and-dropped into an open drawing.
- The requisite folder is identified and using a simple drag-and-drop, the image is copied back onto the damaged drive.
adjectiveBack to top
Of, relating to, or permitting the movement of images in this way: drag-and-drop transfer of messages
More example sentences
- This device is best suited to easy drag-and-drop transfers, which is ideal if you have saved your CD collection onto your computer.
- Spent about an hour last night adding a drag-and-drop image control.
- Last week you explained the drag-and-drop technique to add or remove an application from the Startup folder.
Definition of drag-and-drop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan