- A boat of a traditional Chinese design, typically decorated to resemble a dragon, propelled with paddles by a large crew and used for racing.More example sentences
- The increasingly popular Chinese tradition of dragon boat racing commemorates the suicide of Qu Yuan, a revered Chinese poet who threw himself into the Mi Luo River in 278 B.C.
- He said that although the dragon boat race is a traditional Chinese sport which is popular in the southern part of the country, a contingent of expats in the city are interested in the sport.
- The dragon boat regatta is a traditional 1.2-mile race.
More definitions of dragon boatDefinition of dragon boat in:
- The British & World English dictionary